My mom and my Aunt Dee Dee both sent me a list of 10 things, since I turned 10.
From Aunt Dee Dee and Uncle Steve:
You are 10! You made it to the double digits! Good luck getting to the triple digits! 😉 Here are 10 reasons we think you are great!
From my mom:
2. You are easy – you’re such an neat person to hang around with. You ask great questions, listen well, and have a lot of interesting things to share. You are friendly and make friends easily.
3. You think deeply – you offer great insight and you seek meaning about the deep, important things of life.
4. You are an artist – in every way, you have a creative bent, with music, drawing, design, presentation. You see things that others do not, and you care about the details enough to make them beautiful.
5. You are an athlete – you can learn new skills so quickly. You can watch someone do something and seek to copy it intuitively. Your passion for soccer and lacrosse is fun to see. I love watching your games. I love watching you enjoy practicing.
6. You are funny – I don’t know how you always do it, but you say that funniest things, all the time. Your delivery is perfect, the words, the timing, the emotion.
7. You feel others – You can put yourself in others shoes when you choose to. You can always tell when I’m not having a great day, and you are the first to give me your best hugs. Thanks for loving me well.
8. You are passionate – Gabe was right, whatever you like, you REALLY like. Animals, cars, knives, music, sports, snowboards . . .Your passion is inspiring and contagious. You can’t help but research it, talk about it, and do it as much as you can.
9. You are a musician – God gave you a neat talent for music. Thank you for filling our home with songs. I hope the guitar is always a part of who you are and an outlet for meaningful expression.
10. You love a good story – you really tune in when there is a great story to hear, whether in a book or from someone aloud. You appreciate the drama, the message, and details. You will always be a great storyteller, too.